Saturday, August 30, 2008
I Feel Accomplished Today!!
So I was gonna make a Stouffer's lasanga for dinner but I bought it from Sam's and it was the big one and would take two hours to cook, which I didn't know till I was in a hurry to make dinner. So I go through my cupboards and fridge to see what I could make super fast. I looked on the back of my cans of soup and walah I found something quick and easy. I changed just about half the ingredients and added a few of my own. Then I put some croisants in the oven. My boys come in the kitchen and say "what is that, it smells bad". You know those kinds of comments that as a mother I hear everyday. So I just put a little on their plates. and we pray and start eating and they are....LOVING IT!! Kylan was like "mom you should be a chef on TV. You could be on Take Home Chef with that guy and you could be the new girl and make this." Brayden said" ya it's so good. I love it!" Cooper is all "mmmnnnummmnnumm" you now the good noises babies make when they love what they are eating. They made me feel so good and like finally I have made something everyone likes!! Chuck wasn't saying much. So I was like did you like it? He said well I did get seconds. I wondered if maybe he was a bit jealous cause he is usually our Take Home Chef and tries new recipes, and here I go and just make some simple dish that turns into something the boys and myself will never forget!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love it when that happens! Make sure you write it down so you remember how to do it again.
Way to go Shana!!
I love that story- it hilarious!! I totally did the same thing the other night- A- what the crap can I make tonight kind of meal and it was amazing. Doug was like, "what are you going to call this?" I was just like- you crack me up! The way you are talking about this meal you would think it was gourmet or something and it so wasn't! But whatever! If he thinks so then mission accomplished! I really love cooking and trying new things! Now BAKING thats where i can really screw it up!! EWW i hate baking!! Good Job! Its so fun to talk to you and feel like i know where you are in your life. It brings much joy!!!
CLASSIC! Send the recipe my way..so I can be a hero too.
Post a Comment