Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pajama's In The Oven

So I went to put some taquitos in the oven for lunch. I turned on the oven on preheat 400. I didn't even look in the oven. As I was waiting for the oven to warm up I was feeding Cooper and not really paying attention but my oldest says "mom what is that smell?" I was like oh sometimes food falls on the bottom of the stove and smells. We talk for a few, but he again mentions the smell. So I looked over and saw some smoke coming out of the oven. I opened the door real quick and low and behold a pair of Pajama bottoms are in the oven. Luckily they were not on fire but were blackened and smoking. I looked to see what size they were and of course were my 5 year olds new superman bottoms. So I ask Brayden if he did it! He says "no I didn't" with a smile. We sent him to his room then talked to him about how scary that could have been. He said " Ok I won't do it again". We were lucky but I was a little shaken up! I have a real fear of fire and am so glad my 7 year olds nose was working today!! Well we know I will always look in the oven before preheating from now on!!

4 comments:

lindie said...

Thats awesome! Don't our kids do the coolest things! ha ha ha!!

marknkim said...

The antics that will be remembered and told especially when he has a young one!! Couldn't help but chuckle when visualizing his mischevious smile. ;>

Tanner Fam said...

He must have been watching an episode of 'Seinfeld' where Kramer dried his pants in the oven.

Bethany said...

How random! Did he say why he put them in there? Kids are funny!