Yesterday Brayden's teacher called me at 10 till 9am. He has a swollen pink eye. He told her someone punched him but when she asked who he said I am just lying. So I have to get up and yes I was till in bed (duh I work nights and yes my hubby will get the kids off to school). I get down there and it is wow swollen and red. Good thing I called the dr before I left and made an appt. So we went home put all the sheets in the wash and lysoled everything down. Then off to the dr. We have such a great dr. He checked for any abrasions with dye and a black light, which Brayden thought was so cool, none so Yep Pink EYE. ewwwwe!! So I call the dentist cause of course this happens to be the day we have cleanings and reschedule. I call Chuck and let him know he better get home after his meeting asap( yeah he just happens to be out of town for a meeting). Then I head over to the pharmacy (it is in the hospital, such a pain to go there. ) Well they don't have it yet. So I called the dr and they called call them again. So I am waiting 30 mins with two crazy boys, finally the meds. We drive home and of course he fights me to put in the drops. Jeez kid i have to get you healthy so you can go to school and we can go to the gym.
Well we are home today. And his eye is looking better. It has been fun having him home, he definately keeps Cooper happy and busy!!!
Oh and we can't call it pinkeye we have to call it REDeye or Brayden freaks out. Boys!!
Here is his eye getting better:


4 comments:
yeah! having "red" eye is so much fun. I had it super bad about three years ago. My eyes were so sore and swollen shut. I had to walk to the sink with my eyes closed because my eyes were literally glued shut, so that i could wash them to get them open. GROSS! Plus people act like you have AIDS or something- quite tragic!! Fun stuff!
So, where are you working these days that you have to work nights. That would be the best! We were always such night owls. I keep telling my dentist that he should see patient in the middle of the night as a normal and he thinks I'm totally crazy! I would LOVE!! I'm always up anyways-might as well be working!!
Lin- I work at a gym (Wellness center)for the Hospital system. I am the evening lead. I am there from like 5-10p 4 days a week. And it works out great for me not to have a babysitter!
I HATE pink eye. I have only gotten it once, and it was bad. I ended up with it in both eyes and they were so goopy I couldn't stand it. I always keep drops on standby for times such as these.
Yep looks like Pink Eye, oops, or should I say "red eye" for Brayden!
Hope his eye gets better soon.
Post a Comment