Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our New York City Adventure

OK so we left at 4 am on Thursday morning, and let me tell you it was the best thing to leave while the children were asleep, Cooper never made a peep the whole 10 hour trip. We got there around 2pm. So even with three 20 minute stops to feed baby and gas up we still made it 10 hours. And the trip was so beautiful and easygoing. We will be going a few more times this year for sure. I love the New Jersey turnpike. They have these rest stops in the middle of the interstates and they have restaurants and gas stations with the rest stops. It is pure genius!! Anyway so we get to Long Island at 2ish and we got settled and left for the Train to the Bronx's at 4:40ish for the Yankee vs Tigers game. It was a little rainy and getting cold, so I left Cooper with our friends and he did great (I was a little nervous leaving him for so long) we met Louie in the city at Rockefeller Plaza and took the Subway into the Bronx. It was so crowded, rush hour and all the Yankee and Tiger fans. My boys were decked out in Yankees gear. They were so cute but Chuck is bitter over them not liking the Tigers. The game was amazing...it rained the whole game, but we had the best seats, lower level under the awning over third base. Plus the Tigers swept the Yankees. It was so awesome. And it is the last year for Yankees old Stadium, just a really great experience. Oh Kylan actually fell asleep during the middle of the game, but Braydo was so into the game it was too cute. It was funny, every time Chuck would take the kids decked out in their Yankees to the bathroom fans would yell at him , ya your kids know whats up. (Chuck was decked out in Tigers stuff). It was great!!Friday we went into the City it was so faced paced this time I guess because it was a Friday and people were in the city for work and such but since we had been down there before we just did exactly what we came for, Macy's was amazing, I have never seen a bigger dept store. Oh and I loved the Hard Rock Cafe! Canal street where I usually get my amazing Knock off bags is full of Cops now so instead it worked out that I got to go to this great bag party and got some great Coach bags and some Channel glasses. Saturday we stayed in Long Island and the boys got their Wii their Uncle Lou had been promising them. We also had a birthday party for Louie's father Dennis. The boys really enjoyed that. Then Sunday we left for home. On the way home Chuck and I discussed moving out to Jersey and commuting to the City because we love it so much. I don't know if it would ever happen but a possibility. Well here are a few pics of our fun trip!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I alwasy wanted to go to New York even if it is just one time. Just for the experience. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Maybe if you did move there we could could come visit. So I would actually have an excuse to go.

marknkim said...

Sounds like a great time! We want to visit NY, so move there???? The boys Yankee Fans, how did that happen Chuck?