Sunday, January 27, 2008

Driving Stick

So yesterday Chuck decided I needed to learn how to drive the new Jeep. I was excited but scared. I have never even attempted to drive stick. So we piled the boys in and off we went to a big parking lot. I did ok there although starting is so difficult. I just can't seem to get in the rythym of letting the foot off the clutch and pressing the right amount of gas. Kylan kept saying he was scared and then said he was gonna be car sick. I think the scariest part was starting on a hill. It scares me so bad that I am going to roll into the back of another car. At one point I was at a stop sign and this guy pulls up behind me... of course I start having trouble and I can't get the car to go. He honks at me and I lose it. I was like I can't do this Chuck and I get out of the car and let him drive us home. But I calmed down and practiced some more. Then this morning he tells me I have to drive us to church in the Jeep. I was like Ok I will try. It was the best I had done so far and I drove on the busy streets too. When we got to church both boys told me I had done a great job!!! I hope I can keep it up... but I will need alot more practice. So if you see me on the road in the Jeep you might want to steer clear of me.

1 comment:

marknkim said...

Once you get it, you will love it. It is a blast!! I learned when I went to BYU and then bought a car with stick.
Until then....maybe put a big orange triangle on the back with the words - learning stick!! :)
See you this weekend.