Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hi. I am here.

Well I was going to wait to post when I had some pics but I can't find my usb cord for my camera so oh well.
Well I think everyone knows we have made it home to AZ. It was such a whirlwind move for us. We literally only had a week of knowing we were for sure moving, before Chuck had to be here to start his new job. It was that fast. In his line of work you don't put in a two week notice and the new job wanted him right away. They even hired him without a face to face interview, Chuck is amazing that way, and when he got here he was even more liked. For a brief second we were scared a little because the branch he was supposed to get fell through, but luckily because the already like him so much they gave him a even more awesome branch opportunity. We are very blessed so far. I still have no job, but there is just way too much going on. I did get the kids into school, we are staying with my mom for a month or so and it was a little difficult getting them into school but I did it!
Oh and so Christmas is like what 2 days away...I have nothing ready. It has been really hard for us to do any shopping and we had decided to wait till we got here so my kids wouldn't see anything on our trip here, there was no way to hide it in the car. So I am going a little crazy, I even have to get stockings because ours are in storage for the month. I am although very thankful to be with my family for Christmas, it has been a couple of years since I had spent a holiday with them so it shall be great!
Well after Christmas we are focusing our attention on finding our own place. If you know of any great places for lease in Surprise let us know, we are getting a little desperate.
Just teasing Mom, I love staying with you and appreciate all your help!!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Our old house is still vacant, and it is the Copper Canyon ward.

lindie said...

sorry cant help you on the house part, but I'm glad that all is well with you. I'm happy for you to be back with your family. I really wish my mom lived closer- it would be fun!!! Good luck with everything

Stephanie said...

There are at least to for rent on our street. We would love to have you for neighbors!

marknkim said...

Glad you made it! Sounds like your friends know a few places for you to rent. Tell Brayden, Allie loves to chase anything we throw, even snowballs! They will get to meet Allie when we come down there, we'll find a place to keep her when were there. We have almost a foot of snow, the youth were just here carolling on a horse drawn wagon, it was cool with the snow! Love to All

Koni Frost said...

Hi Shana, I'm glad you made it there and that Chuck's job turned out even better then expected.

We lived in Canyon Ridge apartments on Bell & Ave. of the Arts. It was a really nice quite apartment in a nice area. They gave us 1 or 2 months free. We prorated it out so we paid only like $750/mo.

I didn't know you were working. What have you been doing or what kind of job are you looking for?

take care and Merry Christmas tomorrow. :)

Tanner Fam said...

It's nice to have you back.

The Booher's said...

If you still need a place, Chris's dad has 2 properties vacant in surprise that are great homes! Let me know!

Liz said...

Hope Arizona is treating you guys well and hope you are settled in. We wish you guys the best. We will have to meet each other and say hello if we are ever in town. Best wishes and take care!!

Shumway FAM said...

ahhhhhhh.....I ready your HUGE marathon post, then scrolled back up and realized you have a floating baby. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you. congrats too on the house. It looks beautiful. You'll have to let me know how surprise is. i'd love to move to AZ, but i'm not sure hubba hubba is on board yet with that. maybe when the economy is better, and job security wouldn't be an issue, we'll look into moving out of state.
congrats again.